This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Scandinavian Style


I got this great book at the library of Handmade Projects from a Swedish author, Lotta Jansdotter. She says "When I think of Scandinavian Style, I think of simplicity, funcionality, and unpretentious classic forms. Midcentury Scandinavian designers made use of natural materials and relied on traditional craft principles to create high-quality pieces with a handmade feel that would last for generations. The result is a style that is classic, elegant, and modern."

I think these fabric baskets will definitely be on my to do list once I get a better sewing machine. They would be great in fun kids patterns for toy baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment