This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

pop of color


It's been a dream of mine to have Tulips lining the outskirts of my yard just like I saw all over the farmhouses in the Skagit Valley. So when Costco sold large bags of bulbs back in the fall I couldn't resist. Now I know why it's hard to grow Tulips. Nobody in their right mind on a freezing cold, dark, rainy day in October wants to go dig holes in your yard. My dad helped me which made this task go much faster. The good news is it's delayed gratification at it's best but it is worth it. When everything in your yard is so dead and there is nothing but green or brown for miles when you see a bright red flower pop up in your yard giving you hope for things to come, it's magical. I've enjoyed my flower arrangements in my home, I've enjoyed picking them and wrapping them up to give to family and friends. Isaac has enjoyed walking slowly along the rows and tapping each flower. I can say I am inspire d to do more next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment