This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First time roasting sugar pumpkins

This turned out to be way easier than I thought it was going to be. I imagined having to scoop out the inside while raw and that is a lot of work. But you just roast the pumpkins whole and then it is a piece of cake to scrape out the inside when it is all soft. Once you have the insides scraped out you just food process it and viola....pumpkin puree. Then there was the tough decision of what to make with the puree. I wanted to make something right away to validate my hard work so I made pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips. Here is the recipe: http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/pumpkin-muffins and I just substituted chocolate chips for walnuts because every muffin should have chocolate chips in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment