This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Breakfast Cookies

Since I have been home everyday I have been in a breakfast slump. When I worked I would just force myself to eat something because I knew it was the last thing I was going to be able to eat until lunch. Now nothing sounds good. In high school and college I used to eat breakfast cookies that were manufactured in Bellingham. They sell them at Fred Meyer and Top Foods and are really delicious. However they are $2 a piece. So I decided to make my own. I found this recipe and it is really easy and super delicious. No sugar, butter, or flour. I had all of the ingredients already on hand except for these two things.

Blueberry Coconut Pecan Breakfast Cookies

1 1/2       cups gluten-free rolled oats
1             cup unsweetened coconut flakes 
1             tablespoon golden flaxmeal
1/2          teaspoon salt
3/4          cups coarsely chopped pecans
1/2          cup dried blueberries
3             very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4          cup coconut oil, warm enough to be liquid
1             tablespoon agave nectar
1             teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine oats, coconut, flaxmeal, salt, pecans, and blueberries. Stir in bananas, oil, agave nectar and vanilla until well combined.

Press 2 tablespoons of mixture into a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Continue with remaining mixture.

Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Cool on pan.
Yield: about 15 cookies.

1 comment: