This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Friday, March 1, 2013

garden progress

This project isn't yet complete but I had to post and gardening is on my mind. Isaac and I spend an about an hour a day, if not pouring rain, outside putting around the yard. I like to prune, pull a weed, rake the flower beds, sweep the driveway, and he likes to run into the street, eat dirt, suck on rocks, pick up twigs, and fall in the our ditch. This seems a little exaggerated but literally this is really what he does. Usually once a neighbor walks by with a dog, Isaac runs out to the street enjoys getting to pet the dog and if he is lucky the dog gives him a big lick. Check out the progression of my garden beds below. Still to come, the dirt will be filled, the actual planter beds will be cut down slightly and trimmed out on top, and eventually a garden will be planted! So hopefully Isaac will actually eat something actually edible from our yard! You may be wondering why our beds are right by the street, it's because that is southern facing and the sunniest spot in our yard. Keep posted for pictures of my tulips that are now coming up under the fence, coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment