This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My new favorite Quote

This is from the "Happiness Project" book I just finished. More info (see previous post). The author states "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." What I tell myself and other is "Don't let the perfect ruin the good." This is a quote that once I heard I have thought about almost daily since. So often our expectations are so high, that if they aren't met then we deem something a failure. When often it is more the case that it is something really great we just have to perceive it differently. I have very expectations for myself and others, so often I disappoint myself or someone disappoints me. However this quote doesn't ring truer for me than when I am doing a project. I have a vision in my head and if it doesn't turn out perfect, I think "I guess I am just not cut out for this stuff." But often if I am not failing then I am not learning. I just had an unrealistic expectation for myself. I think this quote will help me see things in a more positive light and not only be more forgiving of others but of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment