This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

new kick





I've always wanted a juicer and thought...I will probably never use it or if so only for brief periods of time. They are a pain to clean and a pain to store and not cheap. My friend Emily said "why don't you just borrow ours and see if you like it" I thought what do we have to lose. Wrong...I'm hooked and now I want one. Peter and I were at the Walla Walla Farmer's market with Peter's parents and they were selling fresh juice. We bought one and I have never forgot the taste, amazing! Beets, apple, ginger, and carrots. It's only been a week but I look forward every morning to my daily concoction. But I'm a creature of habit so who knows this one could stick. Isaac hates the noise of the juicer but is also drawn to it and wants to be near it so I hold him and juice while he squeals. I've always battled keeping my iron levels up and never enjoyed taking iron supplements because they make me nauseous. Turns out beets are really high in iron. Isaac's iron levels now are a little low so I thought maybe I'd start giving him a couple sips of beet juice daily. I found the same juicer as my friend's used on amazon for $30 so we will see if I take the leap!

No comments:

Post a Comment