This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

nine months

One week before Isaac turns 10 months, phew I made it. These photo shoots get harder and harder. Every time I take pictures of Isaac in his chair I think why don't I do this when Peter is home so he can help me get Isaac to smile. At this point Isaac is so fascinated with the camera that he can't hold his smile long enough. As you can see from the pictures Isaac is bringing the whole balancing on the rocking chair to the next level. 


9 months I don't even know where to begin, there have been so many changes. Isaac brings babyproofing to a whole new level. He has broken two light bulbs by shaking the lamps. He has eaten many inedible things and has a new bump or scrape on his head about everyday. He is "all boy" and that is just part of the process! The biggest change is we started having him "cry it out" at night and it has worked wonders. We put him to sleep awake in his crib around 6:45 and most nights will sleep until 3:30 or 4:00. He wakes up hungry, nurses and then goes back to sleep until anywhere between 6-7. I cherish his nighttime cuddles instead of have anxiety about "when will you be up again...45 minutes?" Boy have our lives transformed. First and foremost I am getting great long stretches of sleep for the first time in 9 months and Peter and I have our evenings to ourselves! Isaac got his 7th tooth, he likes to turn the pages when we read his bedtime books, he started saying "hi" and started playing peek a boo. He also stands by himself and will take one or two steps on an occasion and then realize crawling is way faster. I feel like my sweet baby Isaac isn't a baby anymore. He never was much of a baby always wanting to be bigger and do more. But now he feels like a toddler. In my parent/baby class I asked when are they considered toddlers. She said "when they are doing what Isaac is doing...toddling." We also started a co-op Toddler Group here in Woodinville and eating snack at a table and chair, sitting at circle, and doing crafts sure makes him seem even bigger. Currently he thinks I am very funny and loves to laugh at me.  I will cherish these moments as I know it won't last long.

1 comment: