This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Monday, September 10, 2012

i did it!

It has been a life long dream of mine to be a runner. You would think why in the world did it take you this long? Because you have to push through the pain to get to the "fun" part and I was never able to do that. Well in all things that I do making it social makes it way more fun....and well lets face it I actually do it and somebody is there to push me. My friend Emily who I met at Evergreen Parent Baby class and I downloaded a free app "Couch to 5k" picked a 5k three months ahead and followed the exercise programs with our little babies in tow (the strollers). We completed the program and ran the Iron Girl at Greenlake yesterday. It was so fun to see the husbands and the babies cheering us on along the way and at the finish line. I ran 3.2 miles and even though that is drops in a bucket to most I couldn't be more proud of myself. Peter has always dreamed of the day the two of us could run together and it has finally arrived, he couldn't be more proud also! Of course we can't stop there. We are downloading the bridge to 10k app and Emily, Karl, baby Juniper, Peter, baby Isaac, and I plan on running the Greenlake Gobble 5k all together on November 18th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment