This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm dreaming of a white kitchen....

Things are moving forward in hopes of a full kitchen re-model this spring. This photo is pretty spot on for what I have envisioned in my head. What I like about the photo is that it is almost the exact layout of what you would see looking into the kitchen from our dining room table. The wall will be gone. I'm almost positive those are the exact Ikea cabinets we have chosen. The back wall is definitely smaller and the stove will not be there, it will be in the island. We hope to have dark grey counter tops and the same butcher block island. I haven't decided on back-splash tile as of course this will probably be one of the last things we do, so I have time to decide. As everybody knows I love white and I think white looks even better with majority white (like the subway tile black-splash) and then small hints of color or non-color in this case like greys and browns. I don't think we will have any glass cabinets and our kitchen window is larger and the farmer's sink will be larger. Keep in mind this is still "all a dream" but becoming closer and closer to being reality. 


These kitchen pictures are from. Cape 27 Blog, Kitchen progress. It is crazy how similar the layout of their previous kitchen is.  This is a great blog and it's crazy how similar their house is to ours. Of course she is an interior decorator so everything looks amazing. But I for sure will be drawing future inspiration from her! Check it out: Cape 27


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...think we have similar taste in kitchens!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreaming of that kitchen too! I wish I was getting a new one by Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so exciting! Also, did you know that Cape 27 is in Cincinnati? :)

    ReplyDelete