This blog is the transformation of our new home, the progress of baby Isaac, garden updates, healthy recipes, yippy living (thats yuppy hippie...I made up the word) and our adventures as a couple, all with a little Scandinavian Style!

Monday, January 7, 2013

teepee

This was Isaac's birthday present from Peter and I. It was a joint effort along with the help of my mother the actual seamstress and I am not good at sewing and almost insures a mental meltdown. I design and she implements. The perfect combination in my book. It was quite the evolution since I cut it out wrong and now has scalloped edges. It adds character and my favorite part is that it was made out of our wedding aisle runner. I hope this teepee gets many years of use outside and in. 



Peter engineered the poles by drilling holes for the string. The genius part he figured out how to prevent the poles from slipping on our hardwoods by using balloons from Isaac's birthday party. Each leg is a different pop of color. An easy solution and it even looks cute that made me very happy!






 The best part, Isaac's doggies and bears have a home.


No comments:

Post a Comment